**Sixth Grade Schedule **
8:10-8:40 Announcements and Advisory
8:40-9:55 Core 1
9:55-10:00 Transition to Core 2
10:00-10:42 Exploratory 1
10:45-11:27 Exploratory 2
11:30-11:57 Core 2
12:30-1:07 Core 2 cont.
1:10-2:00 Core 3
2:30-3:00 Core 3 Cont.
Sixth Grade math will focus on:
Number and Number Sense; Computation and Estimation; Measurement;
Geometry; Probability and Statistics; and Patterns, Functions, and Algebra
Sixth grade science will focus on:
Scientific Investigation, Reasoning, and Logic;
Force, Motion, and Energy;
Matter; Living Systems and Earth Resources
I am so glad you will be in my class this year. I am expecting great things for us. Please remember I am here for you to be successful in sixth grade.
- · Provide students with clear directions and expectations for all homework assignments.
- · Provide students with a responsible amount of homework to practice important skills.
- · Record homework assignments in their assignment book.
- · Complete quality work.
- · Hand in assignments on time.
- · Make up any missed assignments within three days of the missed assignment.
- · Provide a safe and quiet area to complete homework.
- · Let me know if there are issues that I need to know about.
- · Sign assignment book every night to stay informed of daily and upcoming events.
- · Praise and encourage your child when they do quality work!